Список форумов T.A.T.U

FAQFAQ   ПоискПоиск   ПользователиПользователи   ГруппыГруппы   РегистрацияРегистрация 
 ПрофильПрофиль   Войти и проверить личные сообщенияВойти и проверить личные сообщения   ВходВход 
shop tatyofficial site   shop taty

What are you currently reading?
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  След.

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов T.A.T.U -> Free discussions
Предыдущая тема :: Следующая тема  
Автор Сообщение
cellardoor

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Авг 15, 2005 4:27 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Oooh, that last one sounds very interesting. It is pretty fun to read why fashion is how it is. I have this old fashion photography book with promo shots of all the big stars of the 30s and 40s. Judy Garland, Spencer Tracy, Katherine Hepburn (my favorite of the 2 Hepburns lol) and more.

Reading Lolita in Tehran - I got bored with it after Part I. But I'm sure it's not because it's a bad book. I can just be picky sometimes. lol

SO - I've started (and enjoyed so far) Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig. It was published back in 1974 and it's a philosophy-based book. It's this man's memory of a roadtrip he took with his 11 year old son on a motorcyle in the country (this is me putting it in VERY simple terms...almost too simple lol).

Throughout his anecdotes are some great things to think about. Just about our everyday lives and how we've become accustomed to just sit back and watch rather than go out and be or do something.

Even thought it's from the 70s, much of what I've read is still valueable today. :)
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить e-mail MSN Messenger
Dashenka

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Авг 15, 2005 4:37 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I'm reading an Italian book called "Don Camillo" by Guareschi, but i suppose no one ever heard of it...
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить e-mail Посетить сайт автора MSN Messenger
cellardoor

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Авг 15, 2005 4:52 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Dashenka писал(а):
I'm reading an Italian book called "Don Camillo" by Guareschi, but i suppose no one ever heard of it...

Hmm, you are right about this. :)

What's it about so far?
Dashenka

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Авг 15, 2005 6:11 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

It's about Don Camillo, a priest, n Peppone,a communist; their adventures r really funny ('coz they needle each other) but it's a great book because the two characters, although r enemies idelogically, r friends...n when it's needed, they help each other.
I suggest u 2 read it...but i dunno if it exists in America!
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить e-mail Посетить сайт автора MSN Messenger
Ruivelle

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Авг 15, 2005 7:40 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

now i'm currently reading :

Living Language Ultimate Russian Advanced ( for those who want to learn russian, this book with the CD in the package really helps a lot )

The Fingersmith and Affinity by Sarah Waters

Freedom's Gate by Naomi Kritzer

Full Metal Alchemist ( a very nice well written manga ) :D

Maria Rui Auxillia-Proud Member of t.A.T.u.ism
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dashenka

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Авг 15, 2005 7:58 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

bleed like me48 писал(а):
Now, I'm reading The Da Vinci Code

I already read it, n sincerely i didn't like it very much...
3BE3DbI

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Авг 15, 2005 8:02 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I'm reading "Crime and Punishment" by F.Dostoyevsky, and I have to say I'm finding it rather hard-going... It's like Dickens, which is often boring and impossible to follow... It's enjoyable, but rarely...

Anyway, I'll finish it... ;)
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Посетить сайт автора
devushka
Гость

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Авг 16, 2005 12:22 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

iґm reading one of Brian Weiss... it is called (in spanish, Lazos de amor) the real name in english is "Only Love Is Real : A Story of Soulmates Reunited ". It is a prety good book ..it tells about how people (soulmates)can get reunited through every new life..
well u kinda have to believe in reincarnation to read this kinda books i think...(or maybe not) i do believe in that, i dont think we only live one time and thatґs it... iґve done some regression therapy with a friend psycologist. It was really interesting :)

kiki

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Авг 16, 2005 1:56 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Have any of you guys read a Roahl Dahl book ? if you dont know him then thats ok but if you do, post what book you read of his, i think he's a really good writer, very down to earth and funny.

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Авг 16, 2005 2:00 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

^^Yap! Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and James and the Giant Peach
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Azza

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Авг 19, 2005 2:49 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Queensland road rules book so i can go get my license
Mark

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Авг 19, 2005 3:12 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Цитата:
Queensland road rules book so i can go get my license

L's or P's?

Oh wait, do you have the same licensing up in Queensland as we do in NSW?
Azza

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Авг 19, 2005 3:45 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

L's mate lol i got my car just need my licence :(
Mark

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Авг 19, 2005 3:47 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

lol, I'm on my L's too :P
Azza

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Авг 19, 2005 3:54 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

we don;t have a manule car which is a pain, so i may only be able to get my auto license :(
cellardoor

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Авг 19, 2005 4:17 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I went to Borders the other day to pick up two cds and I wandered in the literature section of the store and found a book by Dostoevsky that I never knew he wrote. It's called Poor People and it's his first original piece of work and I LOVE it - I haven't read any of his other works - mainly because I'd prefer to read them while in Russia - just for the atmosphere and whatnot. :P

Anyway - so far the book consists of letter writing between an older poor man and a poor girl in her late teens. The style is so....easy....to read - which is the opposite of what I've heard of Dostoevsky's writing. :/

I love it a lot so far though - and I'm probably one of the most pickiest readers I know (although I am trying to change this lol)
Гость

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Авг 22, 2005 4:15 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Now i'm not read anything.

I will read "HP and the Half-Blood Prince" (by J. K. Rowling), but i wait russian translation, which will realise in december.
cellardoor

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Авг 22, 2005 4:33 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I just finished Dostoevsky's Poor People today - I love this book.

It was a quick read and many times I couldn't put it down. Dostoevsky's style is so nicely done in this first book of his. The characters are alive and you don't pity them - rather - you see their misfortunes and you see the "love greed" of Makar toward Varenka and you just want to tell him - "Leave her be! Let her move on with her life!" Ahh - I loved this book very much.

This was my first Dostoevesky reading and it certainly won't be my last. :)
Dashenka

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Авг 22, 2005 4:47 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

cellardoor писал(а):

I read it about 1 year ago, i didn't like it really much...i prefer "Brothers Karamazov"...
cellardoor

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Авг 22, 2005 6:02 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Dashenka писал(а):
cellardoor писал(а):

I read it about 1 year ago, i didn't like it really much...i prefer "Brothers Karamazov"...

I've heard that Brothers Karamazov was a good book as well. I havne't reached that book yet, simply because I'm reading Dostoevsky's books in the order they were published. lol

For a first time glimpse into his writing though, I think Poor People sets the reader up quite well to Dostoevsky's style. :)
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов T.A.T.U -> Free discussions Часовой пояс: GMT
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  След.
Страница 2 из 14

Перейти: