Список форумов T.A.T.U

FAQFAQ   ПоискПоиск   ПользователиПользователи   ГруппыГруппы   РегистрацияРегистрация 
 ПрофильПрофиль   Войти и проверить личные сообщенияВойти и проверить личные сообщения   ВходВход 
shop tatyofficial site   shop taty

What are you currently reading?
На страницу 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  След.

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов T.A.T.U -> Free discussions
Предыдущая тема :: Следующая тема  
Автор Сообщение
cellardoor

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Авг 03, 2005 6:16 am    Заголовок сообщения: What are you currently reading? Ответить с цитатой

I am a pretty avid reader. So here's a thread to post what you are reading at the moment - whether it's for school or on your own. And perhaps some of you can suggest a few good books to read. I'm always on the prowl for something new! :)

So I'll start: right now I am reading Balkan Ghosts: A Journey Through History by Robert D. Kaplan. He's a journalist/author who wrote this book that focuses on the hardships in the histories of the former Yugoslavia, Romania, Bulgaria ang Greece. Its genre is "History/Travel". I've actually just started it now, so I can't really say if it's good yet or not. I'm a nerd for these kind of books though - so who knows!

For a book that I've read and enjoyed, I'd say The Devil's Cup: The History of the World According to Coffee by Stewert Lee Allen is a good book. Very humourous and educational - my favorite combo! ;)

And I have heard that Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi was a really good read. That'll be my next book.
[/i]
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить e-mail MSN Messenger
teeandesswithme

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Авг 03, 2005 6:19 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I'm reading "An American in Paris"..next I'm reading "Naked Lunch"....If you want something serious to read in terms of history..you should read "Salvaged Pages" it's a collection of Holocaust diaries.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
cellardoor

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Авг 03, 2005 6:23 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

teeandesswithme писал(а):
If you want something serious to read in terms of history..you should read "Salvaged Pages" it's a collection of Holocaust diaries.

Is this a new book? I think I may have seen it in the bookstore I was in earlier today, but my new bank account won't be ready until next week lol. It's sorta big, red with a girl's picture on it?
teeandesswithme

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Авг 03, 2005 6:37 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Maybe that's a new edition..the one I had was with a black and white photo on it
teeandesswithme

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Авг 03, 2005 6:37 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0300092431/qid=1123051039/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/102-9746278-7402555
cellardoor

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Авг 03, 2005 6:42 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

ah, i see. the one i was thinking of is the one they have the "buy this with" book:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1558614362/ref=pd_bxgy_text_1/002-9380448-2751231?v=glance&s=books&st=*

and that one isn't even big, red with a girl's full foto on it. lol. my memory obviously needs some refresher courses :)
ZayFoTT

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Авг 03, 2005 7:06 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Well, I just finished "Memory, Sorrow and Thorn - The Dragonbone Chair" and now I'm on part 2 "Stone Of Farewell". It's very good.
And I can't love you anymore than I do
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Посетить сайт автора
cellardoor

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Авг 03, 2005 7:38 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Cool. Okay - here's a new part of the thread...try to give a little insight into what the book is about - about the author if you know anything about them - or any other type of info. This way when others read this, they can maybe say, "hmm..that sounds interesting - i'm gonna check it out!".

It doesn't have to be a lengthy book report - but just a little preview maybe :)
mysteryblackkat13

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Авг 03, 2005 12:18 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

currently i'm reading the watchers by Dean Koontz for the 2nd time and next i'm either reading guns germs and steel or harry potter ya quite a range there lol
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить e-mail Посетить сайт автора MSN Messenger
Mark

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Авг 03, 2005 1:01 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Right now, I'm reading "Teach Yourself: Beginners German." Does that count?

but before that I read "1984". That was such a weird book.
PrettyLikeDrugs

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Авг 03, 2005 2:41 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I'm reading "The Vampire Armand" by Anne Rice.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить e-mail
cellardoor

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Авг 03, 2005 4:28 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Mark - of course that counts - it's a book right? :P

I'm also reading (but not consistently) lonely planet's Russian Phrasebook. I need to practice for next year as much as possible. lol

And not to sound repetitive - but come on people - REALLY get into your book post. I haven't heard of some of these books - so discuss!! :)
[/b]
Тихий

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Авг 03, 2005 10:42 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Don't wannna brag (especially since this is a req. for my Russian Class...) but:
N.V.Gogol - Мертвые Души (Dead Souls)
L.N. Tolstoy - Anna Karenina

Nice books. Thank God I didn't have to read them at school (like most of the Russian-Speaking school-students have to), or it would spoil the whole experience. DON"T READ THE BOOKS YOU ARE NOT YET READY FOR!!!! It kills so many masterpieces :-(
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить e-mail
Miffin

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Авг 07, 2005 8:24 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I've just finished reading "By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept" by Paulo Coelho...
It's basically is all philosphecal(sp?) and it has messages and its about following your heart it's really good I've also read another of his books called the alchamist which is about a shepard looking for treasure seriously it's really good I recomend it a hundred precent:D.
At the minute I've just started reading abook about egpytion horoscopes it's basically exactly how it sounds and it is good...
bleed like me48

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Авг 07, 2005 11:32 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I just read A Home at the End of the World...its was really good. Now, I'm reading The Da Vinci Code
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение AIM Address
necromantic_angel

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Авг 08, 2005 12:12 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

War and Peace by Lev Tolstoy
Ka-BOOM

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Авг 08, 2005 12:26 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

The Brothers Karamazov, by Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Legacy, by Eric Van Lustbader
The Secret History of the Gestapo (don't ask - it's for a project I'm currently working on)
Living Language's Ultimate Russian Beginner-Intermediate
cellardoor

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Авг 08, 2005 4:57 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Well, I've set aside Balkan Ghosts for now - I need to brush up on my basic Eastern European history first. lol.

I'm thinking that I'll finish up (finally) Reading Lolita in Tehran. :)
freelilly

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Авг 08, 2005 4:40 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

im in the middle of a few books:

pope yohana (dont remember the autor)

speak by laurie halsa anderson.

pride and prejudise- for a school project (its really boring, atleast the begining where i'm stuck right now).
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение MSN Messenger
kiki

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Авг 15, 2005 4:18 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Chronicles of Narnia is an awsome book! :)
Currently i just finished a book called "Legends" wich is about 50 inspiring women in the world, like Audrey Hepburn, Amelia Earhart wich i am slighlty related to, Marilyn Monroe, Princess Diana and alot more. But right now i'm reading " The Classic Ten" Author: Nancy Macdonell Smith, its about the true story of the little black dress and nine other fashion favorites :) its really good since i love fashion !
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов T.A.T.U -> Free discussions Часовой пояс: GMT
На страницу 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  След.
Страница 1 из 14

Перейти: