Список форумов T.A.T.U

FAQFAQ   ПоискПоиск   ПользователиПользователи   ГруппыГруппы   РегистрацияРегистрация 
 ПрофильПрофиль   Войти и проверить личные сообщенияВойти и проверить личные сообщения   ВходВход 
shop tatyofficial site   shop taty

What is your reason to lie?
На страницу Пред.  1, 2

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов T.A.T.U -> Free discussions
Предыдущая тема :: Следующая тема  

What is the main reason/excuse for you to lie?
To hide shameful, bad actions
26%
 26%  [ 7 ]
To save loved ones from being hurt
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
To look better in front of others
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I lie all the time, its just fun
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
To get what I want
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
I'm a compulsive manipulator & liar myself, I lie cuz I don't even notice I do
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
I don't lie
26%
 26%  [ 7 ]
Всего голосов : 26

Автор Сообщение
Property_of_Yulia

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Авг 12, 2005 2:44 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

why would i lie? or when? well maybe at the moment i'm lying...i'm sure i'm lying to this certain someone but not sure if i'm lying to myself...why am i lying? so i wouldn't lose what i and the one i'm lying to have together...it's a killer i know...but it's better than not having that other person around at all if i let it all out...so i lie about how i feel to keep this person...tragidy i know!

visit t.A.T.uism
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Посетить сайт автора
Xlander

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Авг 12, 2005 6:30 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I hate liars and bullshitters :)
Property_of_Yulia

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Авг 12, 2005 12:18 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

yeah when it's a black lie it is bullshit...i agree xlander...u seem like u have been lied to really bad, eh?

visit t.A.T.uism
devushka
Гость

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Авг 12, 2005 2:27 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

i almost dont lie.. but i still do sometimes.... but never big lies. i like the truth even if it hurts.... but sometimes i dont know why.. u just cant say it...

but the most important thing is not lie to yourself...

:)
Property_of_Yulia

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Авг 13, 2005 3:17 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

well, u can't go through life being all honest...especially if u live where i live...i only sometimes tell white lies as not to hurt ppl...but never lies that do hurt them...i could never do that...though that happened to me a thousand times and i fall each and everytime i'm being lied to...i just expect ppl to be honest with me as i am with them...hopefully!
and i don't think anyone is capable of lying to themselves...

visit t.A.T.uism
Глюки Жизни

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Авг 13, 2005 4:17 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

property_of_yulia писал(а):

and i don't think anyone is capable of lying to themselves...

You would be surprised :)
Illusionning yourself, which basically equals to lying, has always been a human sadistic hobby
devushka
Гость

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Авг 13, 2005 4:31 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Цитата:
You would be surprised :)
Illusionning yourself, which basically equals to lying, has always been a human sadistic hobby

that is so true.... illusionning... and the worst part is, that we dont even notice it, until it is already late and u get hurt :(
Глюки Жизни

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Авг 13, 2005 4:45 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

that is so true.... illusionning... and the worst part is, that we dont even notice it, until it is already late and u get hurt :([/quote]
:) yep! The only thing left if to try to learn to be objectif and to reason logically. Feelings are importent but they often lead to misconceptions of the facts.
Factory0fAngst

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Авг 13, 2005 6:06 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Is imagining you're someone else lying?
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Azza

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Авг 13, 2005 9:39 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

[quote="Xlander"]I hate liars and bullshitters :)[/quote]

well you possibly hate every human ever to walk the earth at some stage everyone has lied or bullshited weather you like it or not, and my bet is everyone on this forum will do it again at some stage in there life, fact of the matter is lieing is human nature, sometimes we (humans) lie and we don't even know it.. the best we can do is try think before we say!

(i was watching a show about it.. we are hardwired to compete with other humans so that we don't look so bad or looserish, or when we brag, and also other emotions like jelousy come into play.. so if you say you never lie you are in essents lieing,... and plus if we include all the times people lie to them selves to make them selves feel better i'd bet most of us are compulsive liers

thems the facts i'll get some links to prove this statement later

till then cheers
Captain Crash

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Авг 13, 2005 10:54 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I lie about lots of things. i was quite a good kid when I was younger and Im normally quiet and well behaved today. If I do something wrong I can lie convincingly and people believe me. If im honest, Im a very good liar. Although I know thats not a good thing. However, Id like to think that i don't lie that often, as I dont do anything so bad id need to that often! I lie about stupid little things. Ive never needed to make a really big lie to cover something up
Xlander

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Авг 13, 2005 1:12 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Azza, a white lie it dealable... as long as it's not going to do "damage" but I don't like people lying or bullshitting to me. Depending on the person.. my friend or family... I'll confront them and ask why did they do that... and don't do that. I do tell white lies but they don't hurt anyone. Nor come back to kick the shit out of my ass lol. But if I don't know you.. I may let you slide with a lie or 2 but you over do it.. I'm out!

I had a friend for about 11 or so years... he lied and bullshit a lot of people to look all that... and I knnew MOST not all but Most of his lies to me or other people... so once we graduated from school... I vowed not to talk to him again... not worth my time... and have done that! Only once I had to talk with him for like 8 mins... kinda forced into it... but I spoke of like 10 words.. I was very short and brief.

-X
Factory0fAngst

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Авг 13, 2005 3:12 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Pathological Liars.
You have not considered them. i'm guessing that most of you here have never heard about them.
There is no exact definition of pathological lying, but obviously it does involve lying.A deliberate liar knows that he's lying, but a pathological liar may not. In the psychiatry world, there hasn't been much done assesssing pathological lying. Many still believe that it is just a symptom of other psychiatric diseases but it is slowly being accepted as a distinct disorder.

Lying is addicting.
My teacher told us that lying is addicting. The desire to get what we want, to make us look better, and all of our human nature make us lie. To back up a lie, we have to lie again, we usually lie again, and again for others, and again for others until it grows into a huge fuzzball and there's nothing else better to do than to lie again unless we/you want to come clean.
I believe the best approach to a pathologica/compulisive liar is to confront them in a nicely manner. They are usually troubled people and probably would want to come clean but just don't know how. They are scared that the personality they conveyed in their lies has overwhelmed their true personalities.
Глюки Жизни

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Авг 14, 2005 1:17 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

@FactoryOfAngst:
Hey !

I think thinking youre someone you r not is illussioning yourself, conciently or not, and therefore it is lying.

Regarding lying being addictive, your totally right. I have to tell you I found it by my own experience when I wanted not to lie anymore. Its like going to rehab :)))

Regarding Pathological liars, isnt it the same like compulsive? cuz we did discuss a bit of that.

Unfornately, I cannot imagine the world without lying. No wonder! I have never seen a HOME without lying :( I think it would help us all as a society if we wouldnt lie to each other. However each person thinks, "oh, but often it cannot be verified so i cannot be caught" Egoism, egoism.... That all brought me to a resolution not to lie... but also NOT TO TRUST :(
Factory0fAngst

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Авг 14, 2005 1:38 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

compulsive lying is lying by reflex
pathological lying may be lying by reflex, but more specifically it's like living in your lies.

There are many things you consider lying that I don't.

Wikipedia says
Цитата:
A lie is a statement made by someone who believes or suspects it to be false, in the expectation that the hearers may believe it. Thus a true statement may be a lie if the speaker thinks it is false. Fictions, though false, are not lies. Depending on definitions, a lie can be a genuine falsehood or a selective truth, a lie by omission, or even the truth if the intention is to deceive or to cause an action not in the listener's interests. To lie is to tell a lie. A person who tells a lie, and especially a person who habitually tells lies, is a liar. To lie involves intentional deception.

Lying and Bullshitting
Цитата:

In his book On Bullshit (2005), Princeton philosopher Harry Frankfort suggests that lying and bullshitting are not the same thing. A liar differs from a truth-teller in that the former wants to hide the truth while the latter wants to reveal it; but both are very much aware of what the truth is. A liar must remain mindful of the truth, if only so that he does not inadvertently reveal it. A bullshitter, however, is utterly indifferent to the truth. He would not mind if his statements turn out, by accident, to be true. For example, a bank robber who denies that he robbed the bank is a liar; but a car salesman who assures a buyer, without bothering to check, that the car he is trying to sell has been driven only 10,000 miles is a bullshitter. The salesman would not care if it were to turn out that his claim is true after all. He simply does not care what is the truth of the matter.

"Bullshitting" could also be interpreted as a form of lying as opposed to a separate offense. If the speaker states that he has explicit knowledge of a given principle (as the used car salesmen would be doing when assuring a buyer of a certain number of miles on a car), the "truth" being concealed would not be the validity of the statement presented, but rather the fact the speaker is unsure of accuracy of the statement being made.

If you consider everyone or everything that states untruth as lies, this very world will not exist. If no one lied, there'd be chaos all over. For example, if Putin admitted that he had an arsenal of WOMD ready to launch at the push of a button and Bush will admit that he is the person behind the nuclear worx in Iran and Blair and Jacques will admit that they have collaborated in building a space station that could launch WOMD anywhere anytime and Schroeder will admit that he's working with Junichiro to build a computer virus that would impair the whole internet and NKorea's president will admit that he'll fire his nuclear missles on the white house tomorrow and so on, how would you feel?

Lying is always advantageous to humanity. If you hate all liars and bullshitters, then don't even consider voting for a president.
mizer doll.

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Авг 16, 2005 5:03 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

sometimes the lie is very well, the truth hurts....
xperfect.enemyx

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Мар 22, 2013 6:34 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

To save loved ones from being hurt
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов T.A.T.U -> Free discussions Часовой пояс: GMT
На страницу Пред.  1, 2
Страница 2 из 2

Перейти: